Army of Dragons & 32ºF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My PS3 is down. It will need to be serviced.

+2
spencer54321
Mandalorian72
6 posters

Go down

My PS3 is down.  It will need to be serviced. Empty My PS3 is down. It will need to be serviced.

Post  Mandalorian72 Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:33 pm

Just an update for everyone.

My PS3 is still broken. For those that do not know, it happened on Christmas day. I am awaiting the arrival of a box from Sony so that I can ship my PS3 in to be fixed. I don't want anyone thinking that I am not around.

I will keep you guys in the loop as to when I will be back up and running again.

Edit: I just received the box and will be shipping my PS3 in for repairs tomorrow.
Mandalorian72
Mandalorian72

Back to top Go down

My PS3 is down.  It will need to be serviced. Empty Re: My PS3 is down. It will need to be serviced.

Post  spencer54321 Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:27 am

Mandalorian72 wrote:Just an update for everyone.

My PS3 is still broken. For those that do not know, it happened on Christmas day. I am awaiting the arrival of a box from Sony so that I can ship my PS3 in to be fixed. I don't want anyone thinking that I am not around.

I will keep you guys in the loop as to when I will be back up and running again.

Edit: I just received the box and will be shipping my PS3 in for repairs tomorrow.

ok i wondered where you was lately and whhy you was not on ps3 now i know

unlucky for it to happen on christmas day
spencer54321
spencer54321

Back to top Go down

My PS3 is down.  It will need to be serviced. Empty Re: My PS3 is down. It will need to be serviced.

Post  Redsoldier-Henry Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:15 am

that sucks man, PS3s should never break. I reckon that you will get it repaired or a new one very soon. In my expirence the sony customer service is the best of any company i've ever seen. When one of my controller broke after the warrenty i phoned them up and said that because it was out of warrenty it wasn't there duty to repair but they said send it to us and we'll see if we can do any thing. I wasn't expecting anything but just 3 days after i sent it to them i recieved a brand new one! thumbs up from me to sony and i'm sure yur PS3 will be back in no time.
Redsoldier-Henry
Redsoldier-Henry

Back to top Go down

Post  spencer54321 Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:24 am

Redsoldier-Henry wrote:that sucks man, PS3s should never break. I reckon that you will get it repaired or a new one very soon. In my expirence the sony customer service is the best of any company i've ever seen. When one of my controller broke after the warrenty i phoned them up and said that because it was out of warrenty it wasn't there duty to repair but they said send it to us and we'll see if we can do any thing. I wasn't expecting anything but just 3 days after i sent it to them i recieved a brand new one! thumbs up from me to sony and i'm sure yur PS3 will be back in no time.

yes there service is very good when my ps3 broke i got a new one within 3 days thats what i cool damn good service
spencer54321
spencer54321

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandalorian72 Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:27 pm

I sent my PS3 out today. The box came with a next day delivery sticker for me to send it to Sony. They should have it tomorrow. Hopefully they can fix mine and don't have to send me a refurbished one. I really don't want to lose all of my game saves.

Please, do yourself a favor and back up your stuff NOW.

I tried putting my hard drive in a friend's PS3 to back up my system and discovered that it does not work that way. Each PS3 encrypts the data that is stored on the hard drive. The hard drive can only be read by your PS3. If something happens to the your PS3 and you don't have a backup, you are screwed.
Mandalorian72
Mandalorian72

Back to top Go down

Post  fightitout12 Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:38 pm

man that sucks what was wrong with it? cus mine got the constant yellow light thing
fightitout12
fightitout12

Back to top Go down

Post  spencer54321 Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:33 am

Mando, that sucks that you dont have it backed up.
spencer54321
spencer54321

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandalorian72 Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:10 am

The symptoms are:

Turn power switch on (back of PS3).
Turn on power touch pad (front right of PS3).
Power light quickly goes from green to yellow to red.
Power light flashes red and 3 beeps are heard.
Heart sinks to bottom of stomach.
Feelings of dread ensue.

Update: Sony received my PS3 yesterday morning at 7:47 AM. UPS Tracking FTW.

Hopefully I get a call from them today.
Mandalorian72
Mandalorian72

Back to top Go down

Post  fawb Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:37 am

Mandalorian72 wrote:The symptoms are:

Turn power switch on (back of PS3).
Turn on power touch pad (front right of PS3).
Power light quickly goes from green to yellow to red.
Power light flashes red and 3 beeps are heard.
Heart sinks to bottom of stomach.
Feelings of dread ensue.

Update: Sony received my PS3 yesterday morning at 7:47 AM. UPS Tracking FTW.

Hopefully I get a call from them today.

goodluck mate hope it goes well and your back playing soon.
fawb
fawb

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandalorian72 Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:31 am

Update:

Great news!!

Last night, I received the following e-mail from Sony.

Dear PlayStation(R) Owner,

On 01/08/09 we shipped a PLAYSTATION 3 - CECHA01 and if applicable, peripheral(s) and/or accessories, to you.

The system was shipped to you via UPS. The Tracking Number is @#$%^@#$%#@. To track your shipment, you may log on to www.ups.com

Your exchanged system will come with a 90-day limited warranty. Please note that, if the original limited warranty that came with your brand new product is still valid, it will remain valid for a period of 1 year. The warranty coverage on your replacement console will be the greater of your new 90-day limited warranty or the remainder of your valid original 1-year limited warranty.

And even better than that, they never asked for any payment. My PS3 is over 2 years old and they only come with a 1 year warranty. Sony must treat their customers really well.

I should be back up and running very soon. It does sound from the e-mail like I am receiving a refurbished unit. Hopefully, they read my little note and saved my hard drive info for me.
Mandalorian72
Mandalorian72

Back to top Go down

Post  spencer54321 Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:02 am

Mandalorian72 wrote:Update:

Great news!!

Last night, I received the following e-mail from Sony.

Dear PlayStation(R) Owner,

On 01/08/09 we shipped a PLAYSTATION 3 - CECHA01 and if applicable, peripheral(s) and/or accessories, to you.

The system was shipped to you via UPS. The Tracking Number is @#$%^@#$%#@. To track your shipment, you may log on to www.ups.com

Your exchanged system will come with a 90-day limited warranty. Please note that, if the original limited warranty that came with your brand new product is still valid, it will remain valid for a period of 1 year. The warranty coverage on your replacement console will be the greater of your new 90-day limited warranty or the remainder of your valid original 1-year limited warranty.

And even better than that, they never asked for any payment. My PS3 is over 2 years old and they only come with a 1 year warranty. Sony must treat their customers really well.

I should be back up and running very soon. It does sound from the e-mail like I am receiving a refurbished unit. Hopefully, they read my little note and saved my hard drive info for me.

how kind of them to save the harddrive for you
spencer54321
spencer54321

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandalorian72 Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:01 am

spencer54321 wrote:
Mandalorian72 wrote:Hopefully, they read my little note and saved my hard drive info for me.

I don't know if they saved it. I am just hoping that they saved it.

Update: I received an e-mail from UPS saying that I should expect delivery on Tuesday.
Mandalorian72
Mandalorian72

Back to top Go down

Post  spencer54321 Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:41 am

Mandalorian72 wrote:
spencer54321 wrote:
Mandalorian72 wrote:Hopefully, they read my little note and saved my hard drive info for me.

I don't know if they saved it. I am just hoping that they saved it.

Update: I received an e-mail from UPS saying that I should expect delivery on Tuesday.

lets hope that they saved it for you
spencer54321
spencer54321

Back to top Go down

Post  Redsoldier-Henry Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:43 am

i'm pretting sure that if they got thenote they will save it. Sony are very good at doing that sort of thing.
Redsoldier-Henry
Redsoldier-Henry

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandalorian72 Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:35 pm

Update: The delivery of my PS3 was pushed back to Wednesday, Jan. 14th.
Mandalorian72
Mandalorian72

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandalorian72 Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:40 pm

I just got my package from UPS. I plugged it in and discovered that it was a new (or refurbished) PS3. All of my save data is gone. At least my PSN ID will keep all of my multiplayer stats.
Mandalorian72
Mandalorian72

Back to top Go down

Post  fawb Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:22 pm

Mandalorian72 wrote:I just got my package from UPS. I plugged it in and discovered that it was a new (or refurbished) PS3. All of my save data is gone. At least my PSN ID will keep all of my multiplayer stats.

unlucky son, just roll with it.
fawb
fawb

Back to top Go down

Post  A8DrenaLiN Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:00 pm

Nice to see you back. Mando
A8DrenaLiN
A8DrenaLiN

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandalorian72 Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:22 am

A8DrenaLiN wrote:Nice to see you back. Mando
It is great to be back.
Mandalorian72
Mandalorian72

Back to top Go down

Post  Redsoldier-Henry Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:41 am

Mandalorian72 wrote:Update: The delivery of my PS3 was pushed back to Wednesday, Jan. 14th.

how come, was it delayed in postage or are sony still fixing?
Redsoldier-Henry
Redsoldier-Henry

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandalorian72 Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:17 pm

Redsoldier-Henry wrote:
Mandalorian72 wrote:Update: The delivery of my PS3 was pushed back to Wednesday, Jan. 14th.

I think that it was pushed back because of the weather.
Mandalorian72
Mandalorian72

Back to top Go down

Post  Redsoldier-Henry Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:56 pm

Mandalorian72 wrote:
Redsoldier-Henry wrote:

I think that it was pushed back because of the weather.

ok, so no one is to blame execpt God himself
Redsoldier-Henry
Redsoldier-Henry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum